Bus and Tram Services in Lisbon, Cascais, Sintra and Setúbal
Details and contact information on the regional and city bus, tram and metro transport systems in the Lisbon region...
Lisbon and the surrounding area have a wide network of yellow buses, electric trams and trolleybuses which cover the entire city.
Urban Buses in Lisbon
The main operator in Lisbon is Carris (Companhia Carris de Ferro de Lisboa)
- Companhia Carris de Ferro de Lisboa
At: Alameda António Sérgio, Estação de Miraflores, 2795-221 Linda-a-Velha
Tel: 213 613 000
Fax: 213 613 069
The Carris website has information on the following:
- Map of the network (Mapa de Rede): Click here
- How to get a pass (Requisição de Passe)
- Timetable (Horários)
- Route planner (Simulação de Precursos)
- Fares (Tarifas)
Carris offers a number of season tickets and other tickets which can be bought online or in Carris ticket outlets.
- To download a season ticket request form: Click here
- To find a Carris ticket sales outlet: Click here
Animals are not permitted on Carris transport.
- Public service information Tel: 213 513 054 (24 hours)
- Lost and found (PSP Olivais) Tel: 218 535 403
- Lost season tickets Tel: 213 613 078
- Transport for the disabled Tel: 213 613 141
Trams in Lisbon
The electric tram network (elétricos) is run by Carris and covers the older parts of the city and the downtown areas (Alfama, Baixa Chiado, Cais do Sodré).
- See the website for information on routes, timetables and fares: Click here
Regional bus transport is run by Vimeca (Viação Mecânica de Carnaxide):
- Vimeca Transportes
At: Estrada Consiglieri Pedrosos 81, 2766-973 Queluz
Customer Service Tel: 214 357 472
Tel: 214 354 210
Fax: 214 352 802
- For routes, timetables and schedules (in Portuguese): Click here then select Carreiras, then Percursos or Hórarios
Buses in Cascais, Sintra and Setúbal
An extensive bus network is operated by Scotturb (formerly Stagecoach Portugal).